Saturday, December 29, 2012

magically thought-provoking internets #1

I recently submitted one of my tattoos to fuckyeahtattoos on tumblr and today it was posted. No big deal, just sharing my skin with the world. Gulp.
Out of the hundreds of likes and reblogs there's this:

(CENSORED) said: good job covering your hand like a ~*~*~badass~*~*~ when from what i can see you don’t have any visible coverage close to your hand. you look like a dumbass, have fun regretting that later on in life trying to catch up on your~*sleevez*~ ugh 

Luckily I don't take this kind of trolling serious but it did cause a few threads of thought including but not limited to- why would I scramble to cover my skin? I've only made it half way through this life and part of that was spent shitting in my pants- how could I imagine that I know with absolute certainty what I want on my skin for the rest of my life without living it all? 
I plan on getting tattooed regularly throughout my life, not all at once. To do otherwise is akin to assuming I know everything, have felt everything. That I'll never change my views, likes or dislikes. My body would be locked in a sort of color book stasis. Arrested tattoo development.
How closed minded. How small.
 Thanks, internet, for reminding me why I'm not in any hurry to sleeve myself up. You're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment